To be determined
Council Chambers, Rio Rancho City Hall, 3200 Civic Center Circle
District 1 - Anthony Torres
District 2 - Bill White
District 3 - Jakki Swicegood
District 4 - Steve Shaw
District 5 - Cynthia Spring
District 6 - Michael Jackovich
At-Large - Garry Lally
*Members were confirmed by the Governing Body on February 8, 2017
Duties and Responsibilities
The Board’s duties and responsibilities shall consist of only the following:
(1) Provide input to the Governing Body regarding the City Manager’s proposed annual operating and capital improvement budget in relation to roads, drainage, and the water and wastewater utilities system.
(2) Provide input to the Governing Body regarding the City Manager’s five-year capital improvement program for roads, drainage, and the water and wastewater utilities system.
(3) Provide input to the Governing Body on proposals from the City Manager or Governing Body member(s) pertaining to rate and charge adjustments for water and wastewater utilities services.
(4) Provide input to the Governing Body regarding proposals from the City Manager related to road, drainage, and the water and wastewater utilities system that would be funded through bonds or loans.
(5) Report annually to the Governing Body in accordance with Section 33.05.
(6) Perform such other duties and functions as may be authorized by the Governing Body or provided by city ordinance consistent with the provisions of the City Charter.
(7) By majority vote, provide the Governing Body with a formal proposal for consideration related to improving or otherwise enhancing roads, drainage, and/or water and wastewater utilities. Before any city resources are used researching or developing such a proposal, the Board, by majority vote of its membership, must first formally seek and receive concurrence from the Governing Body.
(8) Meet as appropriate with the Planning and Zoning Board to coordinate land use and public infrastructure.