Information about City Facilities and Services
City Facilities Open in a Limited Capacity
While some facilities will be open, citizens are encouraged to limit their visits and continue using City services, such as making Utilities payments, electronically or by phone.
Citizens entering or being present inside any City facility are required to wear a face covering and maintain six feet of distance between themselves and others.
It is still imperative that citizens continue to stay home as much as possible. Congregating in groups remains unsafe and is still prohibited. If citizens must go out, maintain a physical distance of six feet from others and wear a face covering.
While the City’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department will not be offering traditional summer camp programming this year, youth micro-programs are being developed. The City’s three outdoor pools will not open this summer; however, and depending on future State emergency health orders, the Rio Rancho Aquatic Center is open in a limited capacity.
City Facilities Opening
**Citizens entering or being present inside any City facility are required to wear a face covering and maintain six feet of distance between themselves and others.**
Animal Resource Center
- Adoptions by appointment only until further notice. Please call (505) 891-5075.
- All departments in City Hall open to the public as of Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
- Office of the City Clerk is open to the public on an appointment-only basis. To make an appointment for business license registrations/renewals, records requests, solicitations, etc. please call (505) 891-5004.
Motor Vehicle Division (Rio Rancho Location)
- New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division offices to reopen on an appointment-only basis on Monday, June 1, 2020, pursuant to State guidelines. To make an appointment, visit www.rrnm.gov/mvd
- Open in a limited capacity on Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
- Hearings will be limited to no more than 15 individuals in the Court room at any given time until permission to allow more is authorized.
- The Rio Rancho Aquatic Center will open on June 2, 2020 for lap swimming only and with restrictions aimed at limiting the spread of COVID-19.
- The public can begin reserving pool lanes on Monday, June 1 by calling (505) 891-5230 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Rio Rancho Public Libraries
- Offering hold pick up of library items by appointment only from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, until further notice.
- Those wishing to place a library item on hold may do so by visiting www.rrnm.gov/libraries or by calling the libraries between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Loma Colorado Main Library, (505) 891-5013 ext. 3033
- Esther Bone Memorial Library, (505) 891-5012 ext. 3120
City Facilities Remaining Closed Until Further Notice
**For a complete list of postponed or cancelled Parks, Recreation and Community Services programs and events, please click here.**
A Park Above, 2441 A Park Above Court
- Cabezon Community Center, 2307 Cabezon Boulevard
- Haynes Community Center, 2006 Grande Boulevard
- Sabana Grande Recreation Center, 4110 Sabana Grande Avenue
- Star Heights Recreation Center, 800 Polaris Boulevard
Meadowlark Senior Center, 4330 Meadowlark Lane
Outdoor Pools are not opening this year
- Cabezon Pool, 2307 Cabezon Boulevard
- Haynes Pool, 2006 Grande Boulevard
- Rainbow Pool, 301 Southern Boulevard
Police Department lobby and front desk
- For records requests, call (505) 891-5905 or email email@example.com
- For the Evidence Unit (disposition of property), call (505) 891-5954