Information about City Facilities and Services

Some City of Rio Rancho facilities are open to the public in a limited capacity. While some facilities will be open, citizens are encouraged to limit their visits and continue using City services, such as making Utilities payments, electronically or by phone. Citizens entering or being present inside any City facility are required to wear a face covering and maintain six feet of distance between themselves and others. It is still imperative that citizens continue to stay home as much as possible. Congregating in groups remains unsafe and is still prohibited. If citizens must go out, maintain a physical distance of six feet from others and wear a face covering. 

While City Hall will remain closed for in-person services, City staff will schedule in-person meetings for matters that cannot be accommodated virtually or telephonically. For example, if citizens need to review property plans in-person or if people want to see the response to their records request in-person. These meetings will be made by appointment only and on a case-by-case basis. 

Below is information about the reopening of City facilities:

  • Animal Resource Center
    • Adoptions by appointment only until further notice. Please call (505) 891-5075.
  • Meadowlark Senior Center
    • Some services, such as billiards room rentals or yoga, are open and available by appointment only. 
    • Call (505) 891-5018 for more details. 
  • Motor Vehicle Division (Rio Rancho Location)
    • The Rio Rancho location to reopen on an appointment-only basis on Wednesday, December 2, 2020, pursuant to State guidelines. 
    • Citizens who need to complete transactions in-person can make an appointment by visiting or by calling (505) 896-8367. 
    • The City of Rio Rancho MVD office applies a $10 transaction fee (cash accepted only), in addition to the state MVD fee.
  • Rio Rancho Aquatic Center
    • Reopening for lap swimming by reservation only at 1:30 p.m. on December 2 and then open from 6:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 12:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Saturdays. 
    • Those interested in reserving pool lanes can do so by calling (505) 891-5230 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. 
    • Twenty lanes (eleven for lap swim; nine for water walking) will be available to reserve in one hour increments.
  • Rio Rancho Public Libraries
    • Offering hold pick up of library items starting at noon on December 2 and then from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, until further notice. 
    • Those wishing to place a library item on hold may do so by visiting or by calling the libraries between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. 
    • Loma Colorado Main Library, (505) 891-5013 ext. 3033
    • Esther Bone Memorial Library, (505) 891-5012 ext. 3120

Below is information about facilities that are still closed and contact information:

  • City Clerk’s Office (business licenses/registration and records requests)
  • City Manager’s/Mayor’s Office
  • Development Services (permits, plan reviews, inspections)
  • Financial Services (payments, alarm permit registration, and ambulance billing)
    • For Ambulance Billing, call 505-891-5021
    • For SAD payments, call 505-896-8806
    • For Escrow payments, call 505-896-8748
  • Municipal Court
    • Any attorney cases will be cancelled and continued to a later date. Video arraignments and bond hearings will be held as normal on an as needed basis. Court staff will still enter citations, take phone calls, and hold pro se arraignment hearings via telephone or virtually.
    • Court contact numbers:
  • Police Department 
    • Non-emergency reporting:
    • Records requests:
    • Walk-in crime reporting (criminal damage, shoplifting under $500, fraud, etc.) is unavailable at this time, instead:
    • Obtain crash reports
  • Public Works (roadway maintenance and responding to roadway concerns)
  • Utilities
    • Payments can be made by mail, by calling 505-891-5211, or online at
    • For other Utilities related services like setting up a new account, call 505-891-5020 or email
    • For Domestic Well Permit Application submittals, email your application and accompanying paperwork to 

**For a complete list of closed parks and postponed or cancelled Parks, Recreation and Community Services programs and events, please click here.**