Pay Water Bill
**Utilities Payment Deferral for Furloughed Federal Workers**
The City of Rio Rancho has announced that federal workers furloughed during the partial government shut-down, which began on December 22, 2018, are allowed to defer their water/wastewater bill payments, without penalty, while they are out of work.
In order to qualify, workers must present their furlough letter in person at the City of Rio Rancho Utilities Department at City Hall, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
For those who qualify, a moratorium will be imposed for turn-offs on delinquent accounts, and late fees incurred during the furlough period will be waived. Once the shut-down ends, payment plans will be available to allow furloughed workers time to catch up on their payments.
For more detailed information about the payment deferral, please contact the Utilities Department at 891-5020 during regular business hours.
How to Pay You can pay your water/wastewater utility bill several ways: in person, over the phone, by mail, or online. A $1.75 convenience fee may be imposed. Accepted forms of payment are: cash, check, credit card (Master Card, Visa, Discover, or American Express).
1. You will need to set up an account.
2. Click on the link: Online Water/Wastewater Billing Account.
3. Click on the
a. Enter in your Account number, Bill Date, Due Date, Total Amount Due, and click submit.
b. You will then be asked to create a new pin (password), a password/pin hint, and enter an email address. When completed click the submit button
c. You will be sent a confirmation e-mail, to the e-mail address you provided to finish the registration process. Also check your spam or junk mail.
Pay In Person:
1. You can pay at the Cashier’s office on the first floor at City Hall (3200 Civic Center Circle) Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M - 5:00 P.M. Any transaction after 3:00 P.M will post the following business day.
Pay Over the Phone:
1. Please call: (505) 891-5211 to make a payment by phone. If you would like to make a payment with a Utility Service Specialist call (505) 891-5020.
a. You will need your full Utility Account Number to access this service.Please see an example of a Water/Wastewater Utility Bill PDF for the information you need.
Pay by Mail:
1. You can send your payment in using the return envelope included with your Utility payment stub.
2. If you do not have the return envelope you can mail your payments to City Hall.
- Utilities Department
3200 Civic Center Circle Suite 270
Rio Rancho, NM 87144
Pay by Drop Box:
1. You can drop off your payments (if you do not want to pay postage) to:
a. City Hall (3200 Civic Center Circle, NE) at the south end of the back parking lot. In the white drop box.
b. Or to Esther Bone Library (950 Pinetree Road). The drop box is white and located in the parking lot.
Adobe Disclaimer: Reading the PDF documents provided on this site requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free from Adobe. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat, and the Acrobat logo are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.