Rio Rancho Animal Resource Center
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Monday through Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by appointment (see below).
- The Rio Rancho Animal Resource Center (RRARC) is CLOSED every Sunday and all City holidays.
To see what pets are available for adoption, view our Adoption Center.
Pets in Rio Rancho
Find out what requirements and laws there are regarding animals by viewing our City Pet Regulations.
New Policies Aimed at Focusing the Animal Resource Center's Efforts Amidst COVID-19 PandemicThe Rio Rancho Animal Resource Center (ARC) is taking preventative measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus and will take the following steps until further notice:
- Only adopters and guests with an appointment will be allowed to enter the building.
- Only adopters and pet owners looking to reclaim their lost pet with an appointment will be allowed to enter the building.
- The number of guests allowed in our building at one time will be limited to two parties of no more than two (2) members of the same household.
- The Animal Resource Center is taking appointments for euthanasia.
- Hours of operations are Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Please arrive no sooner than your appointment time, ring the doorbell and wait for staff. Limit your party to two (2) people. Please view animals on our Facebook page or on Pet Finder before arriving.
- If you or members of your household have symptoms of illness, please do not visit the Animal Resource Center.
APPOINTMENTS FOR VISITATION
Thank you for wishing to visit the City of Rio Rancho Animal Resource Center (ARC). In an effort to continue our mission to save animal lives and also comply with social distancing recommendations, we’re taking appointments for visitation. We encourage those considering adoption to first view our available cats and dogs on Pet Finder or our Facebook page and then call (505) 891-5075 to schedule an adoption appointment.
STRAYS AND ANIMALS RUNNING AT LARGE
Our office will be open for emergency intake of stray animals from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Animal Resource Officers will continue operations to address public safety concerns.
Individuals who find a stray pet that does not meet the emergency criteria are encouraged to do the following:
- Maintain custody of the pet and look for its owner
- Have stray pets scanned for a microchip at a local veterinary clinic or at the Rio Rancho Animal Resource Center (ARC)
- Promote lost and found pets on the following Facebook pages: Lost and Found Pets and Rio Rancho Animal Friends
The Animal Resource Center is open for intake of stray animals from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. by appointment only. Anyone who finds a stray pet should contact (505) 891-5075 to schedule an appointment.
ENHANCED CLEANING PROCEDURES
The Animal Resource Center is implementing enhanced cleaning procedures to maximize the safety of the public as well as that of employees and animals.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding in these uncertain times. The City of Rio Rancho will continue to evaluate the situation and make changes to our operations as needed.