The Sandoval County Board of County Commissioners is seeking qualified candidates who reside in Districts 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 to be selected as members of the Sandoval County Ethics Board.
The Sandoval County Ethics Board will be a transparent entity acting within the scope of matters covered in the Sandoval County Ethics Ordinance (Ordinance Number 5-17-18.8A) which includes, but is not limited to acting on complaints and conducting due process hearings. The Board will consist of five members, and five alternates who shall be appointed by the Sandoval Board of County Commissioners, with each commissioner appointing one member, and one alternate from his or her commission district. To qualify as an appointee, you need to:
- Live in the commission district you wish to represent
- Not be a Sandoval County employee, appointee or elected official
- Not hold elected public office or office with any political party within Sandoval County
- Be willing to serve a term of two years
- Be willing to serve without compensation for services rendered
- Attend meetings held at least once per quarter, and more often when necessary
The duties of the Board include:
- Adopting rules of procedure for conducting “due process” hearings
- Acting on complaints and conducting due process hearings
- Recommending amendments to the Ethics Ordinance to the Sandoval County Board of County Commissioners
- Providing advisory opinions regarding the applicability or interpretation of any provision in the Ethics Ordinance
- Providing quarterly and semi-annual reports to the Sandoval County Board of County Commissioners
If you would be interested in serving on the Sandoval County Ethics Board for any of the five county commission districts, please submit an email of interest (to include at least your name and district number, and contact information) and your resume/credentials to: email@example.com The interest submission deadline is close of business on Tuesday, October 2, 2018.
Learn more about your district commissioner at: http://www.sandovalcountynm.gov/commission Read through the full Sandoval County Ethics Ordinance at: http://www.sandovalcountynm.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Ethics-Ordinance-Approved-May-17-2018.pdf Visit our website for maps of each district at: https://tinyurl.com/y9vo2ymq