The Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office is reaching out to seniors and other community members in the county to offer one-on-one property tax payment opportunities at local community and senior centers. This program makes property tax payment easy and also helps the County collect taxes in a timely manner.
The Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office Outreach Program began in 2014 and was started by Sandoval County Treasurer Laura M. Montoya. The program allows for county seniors and residents to remain within the familiar surroundings of the senior center or community center they utilize. By participating, residents are able to eliminate travel costs when trying to pay their property tax bill at County offices and also have one-on-one meetings with a staff member from the Treasurer’s Office.
“A member of my team is able to sit down with a senior or resident to walk them through the property tax payment process, and discuss the exemptions or senior or disabled value freeze they may qualify for,” said Montoya. “For someone who is on a fixed income or only travels to town once a month, this service goes a long way.”
The Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office Outreach Program is offered across Sandoval County during first and second half tax seasons in November/December and April/May. Each outreach event runs from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. This year the Treasurer’s Office will be hosting events at: Bernalillo Senior Center, Corrales Senior Center, Cuba Senior Center, Jemez Valley Senior Center and the Placitas Community Center.
It’s also important to note a few key property tax dates and deadlines:
- By November 1 – Property tax bills are mailed
- November 10-December 10 – 1st half property taxes are due
- April 10-May 10 – 2nd half property taxes are due
In addition to outreach services, the Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office has provided convenient methods of payment. Taxpayers may take advantage of any of these methods:
- By phone at 1-866-873-0944 (English & Spanish)
- Online at sandovalcountynm.gov/paytaxes
- By mail at P.O. Box 40, Bernalillo, NM 87004
- In person at the Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office at 1500 Idalia Rd, Building D, Atrium level, Bernalillo, NM 87004
- Drop-box payments at New Mexico Bank and Trust, Rio Rancho Branches located South on 528 near Enchanted Hills and 528 and Southern Boulevard.
- Drive through payment drop-Box at the Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office building, North side parking lot, located at 1500 Idalia Road, Building D
Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office extended office hours:
November 13 - December 15
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Office hours will revert back to regular hours of operation December 17, 2018, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
“I am pleased that this outreach program has grown to be a huge success. This service is one avenue in which my office continues to provide direct quality customer service. We thank our taxpayers for their contribution to our community and allowing us to serve them,” stated Treasurer Montoya.
Learn more about the Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office Outreach Program and the Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office online at: sandovalcountynm.gov