Rio Rancho’s Winterfest 2019 will feature different activities and events taking place in the City Center area on Saturday, Dec. 14.
- Noon to 5 p.m. inside the Santa Ana Star Center
- Free ice skating; skates will be available and inexperienced skaters are encouraged to bring bike or safety helmets; in lieu of a skate rental and admission fee, please bring a non-perishable food item for donation.
- Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus will make a special appearance at the Santa Ana Star Center with picture opportunities available.
- Arts & crafts festival where event goers have the opportunity to shop for unique holiday gifts.
- 5:15 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Seussville themed parade through the City Center area and a fireworks display to follow.
The City of Rio Rancho is now accepting registrations for the parade. The theme for this year’s parade is Seussville. Participants are encouraged to decorate floats that reflect this theme in addition to being well lit through the adornment of holiday lights. Use of LED low-energy lights is recommended.
Parade registration can be done online by visiting www.rrnm.gov/activenet, in person at City Hall, or by calling the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department at (505) 891-5015.
The fee to take part in the parade is $15. The City accepts credit cards (Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express), checks, and cash. The deadline to register and pay applicable fees for the parade is Dec. 6.
Display spaces, 8' x 8', are available for you to sell your crafts. Spaces are limited, so register early for this great event. Each space is $45. Please call (505) 891-6196 to register.
The Winterfest 2019 parade and associated activities are coordinated by the Rio Rancho Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department, Visit Rio Rancho, and Spectra, the management company for the Santa Ana Star Center.
For questions about Winterfest 2019, please call (505) 891-5015.