Due to increased safety measures related to COVID-19 and the November 13, 2020 public health order (shelter in place) issued by Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham, in addition to Rio Rancho City Hall, other City facilities are closed to the public for in-person services beginning November 16, 2020 through November 30, 2020. During this time, City personnel will still provide services to citizens electronically or by phone. Other City services, such as emergency services, road repair and maintenance, utilities billing, and Development Services-related, which support essential operations and businesses, will continue to be fully operational.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has been sweeping through our local communities and the state for over eight months,” said Mayor Greggory Hull. “We must work together to protect ourselves and others from this virus. Out of the need to do our part to keep people as safe as possible, the City is taking the following action in response to the Governor’s public health order. I want to encourage each individual to do their part by staying home and only going out when absolutely necessary to prevent further spread of this disease. We will get through this together.”
Below is information about departments, including contact numbers and email addresses:
- Animal Resource Center
- Adoptions by appointment only (extremely limited).
- Call (505) 891-5075
- City Clerk’s Office (business licenses/registration and records requests)
- City Manager’s/Mayor’s Office
- Development Services (permits, plan reviews, inspections)
- Financial Services (payments, alarm permit registration, and ambulance billing)
- For Ambulance Billing, call 505-891-5021
- For SAD payments, call 505-896-8806
- For Escrow payments, call 505-896-8748
- Municipal Court
- Any attorney cases will be cancelled and continued to a later date. Video arraignments and bond hearings will be held as normal on an as needed basis. Court staff will still enter citations, take phone calls, and hold pro se arraignment hearings via telephone or virtually.
- Court contact numbers:
- Police Department
- Non-emergency reporting:
- Records requests:
- Walk-in crime reporting (criminal damage, shoplifting under $500, fraud, etc.) is unavailable at this time, instead:
- Obtain crash reports
- Public Works (roadway maintenance and responding to roadway concerns)
All City Facility Closures (Signage will be posted at all City parks discouraging use and gatherings.)
- A Park Above, 2441 A Park Above Court
- Cabezon Community Center, 2307 Cabezon Boulevard
- City Hall, 3200 Civic Center Circle
- Esther Bone Memorial Library, 950 Pinetree Road
- Haynes Park and Community Center, 2006 Grande Boulevard
- Loma Colorado Main Library, 755 Loma Colorado Boulevard
- Loma Colorado Park, 735 Loma Colorado Boulevard
- Meadowlark Senior Center, 4330 Meadowlark Lane
- Motor Vehicle Division* (Rio Rancho location), 4114 Sabana Grande Avenue
- Municipal Court, 500 Quantum Road
- Rio Rancho Aquatic Center, 745 Loma Colorado Boulevard
- Rio Rancho Police Department, 500 Quantum Road
- Rio Rancho Sports Complex, 3501 High Resort Boulevard
- Sabana Grande Recreation Center, 4110 Sabana Grande Avenue
- Sports Complex North, 3616 Chayote Road
- Star Heights Recreation Center, 800 Polaris Boulevard
*City of Rio Rancho has provided MVD services over the years as a contractor for the State of New Mexico. For information about MVD services and to schedule an appointment at another location, please visit www.mvd.newmexico.gov.
Because this situation is frequently evolving, the City will continue to monitor developments and take precautionary measures. Please visit www.rrnm.gov/covid19 for a complete list of closures and for updates about facility access and services.
We encourage citizens to slow the spread of COVID-19 by staying home, wearing a mask and socially distancing when going out in public, and washing their hands.