The Traffic Section of the Engineering Division focuses on two major areas: engineering and maintenance of traffic infrastructure. This section is responsible for the design oversight and maintenance of: traffic signals, street lighting, traffic signing, roadway markings, traffic counts, speed volume studies and transportation planning. In addition to these areas, the Traffic Section also is responsible for Capital Improvement Projects Right of Way Use permitting and traffic control inspection.
- Oversees evaluation and improvements to existing and planned traffic related infrastructure in the City.
- Maintains traffic signals, school flashers, street lights, street signs, and traffic markings.
- PNM is responsible for unmetered (residential) lighting circuits within the City. If you need to report a malfunctioning street light please put in a service request in our Report Rio Rancho application.
- Paseo Del Volcan (NM 347), Pat D’Arco Highway (NM 528), and U.S. 550.
- Striping and signing are maintained by the New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT).
- Street lighting and traffic signals are maintained by the Traffic Section.
Adobe Disclaimer: Reading the PDF documents provided on this site requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free from Adobe. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat, and the Acrobat logo are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.