You can only apply to be a backflow tester if you have completed a 40-hour training course on Backflow Prevention Assemblies. Once the class has been passed you are issued a certificate. You will need a copy of this certificate and a business license attached to your application.
How to Apply to be a Backflow Tester:
1. Obtain the UT-UTO-01.04 (E) Backflow Tester Application PDF
2. You will need a copy of your training completion certificate (on Backflow Prevention Assemblies) from an accredited business. Please also include any other licenses you may have.
3. E-mail, Mail, or Fax the form.
a. E-mail to: UTForms@rrnm.gov with the form name in the subject line.
b. Mail to: Attn: (Form Name)
3200 Civic Center Circle, NE
Rio Rancho, NM 87144
c. Fax to: (505) 891-5201
- Please include a cover page, any additional documentation, and a note on how many pages are include in the fax.
4. Once the application has been submitted allow two (2) to three (3) weeks for the Water Program Coordinator to review.
5. If you have any questions about the process please call: (505) 896-8816.
Adobe Disclaimer: Reading the PDF documents provided on this site requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free from Adobe
. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat, and the Acrobat logo are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.