- Departments & More
- Library & Information Services
- Using Your Library
- Meeting & Study Rooms
Meeting & Study Rooms
The Rio Rancho Public Libraries provide public meeting spaces at both of our locations. Local, civic, community or non-profit organizations are welcome to use these rooms for meetings during open library hours.
Per City Code 39.19, Any city property or facility designated as an early voting or election day polling place for a statewide or municipal election shall not be eligible for reservation or rental within 30 days of the date of the election, when the purpose is to discuss, inform, debate or confer, in any manner, about a candidate or ballot question, or engage in any activity which may influence an election outcome regarding any candidate or ballot question.
*Both branches also have small study rooms on a first come, first served basis. Information is below.
For first time users, please complete an initial application about your group here.
Rio Rancho Public Libraries Meeting Room Purpose
We will try and accommodate all meeting room requests. The spaces are prioritized for Library-related programs as well as governmental entities, including all City of Rio Rancho Departments and Sandoval County agencies who serve the citizens of Rio Rancho. Occasionally, Library and City of Rio Rancho events may pre-empt previously scheduled meetings. If this happens, we will make every effort to find another space or date for your group.
While the Rio Rancho Public Libraries defend the right to free speech, we do not condone hate speech and our spaces cannot be used by groups who engage in it.
Terms and Conditions when meeting at the Library:
- Follow the Behavior Rules.
- Meetings and programs must conform to city code 39.19 concerning misuse of city property or resources for political purposes.
- Meetings and programs must be free and open to the public. Our spaces cannot be used for sales purposes.
- Our rooms are frequently used. For this reason, reservations are needed. In order to ensure the library can close on time, we ask that all meetings end and be cleaned up 30 minutes prior to the scheduled closing.
- Please let us know if any Library property gets damaged. We may bill your group for damage or cleaning.
- If you would like to use the Library’s audiovisual equipment, please indicate that at the time of your reservation. We will make every effort to accommodate your request.
- We are unable to set up or take down furniture. You are welcome to move the furniture, but we ask that you return it to the formation in which you found the room.
- Library staff is unable to assist with meetings, including greeting and directing attendees, providing office supplies, paper products, refreshments, or technical support.
- If your group needs to cancel your meeting we ask that you let us know by calling (505)891-5013 ext. 3081.
- The Library Director has the ability to revoke or refuse the use of the meeting rooms.
Book a Room:
Once you have completed the initial application you will be emailed a link to create an account and book a room.
The Loma Colorado Main Library has three study rooms for patron use. One of the rooms holds four people and the other two hold two people each.
The Esther Bone Memorial Library has two study rooms for patron use. Each room holds four people.
Study Room Procedure & Rules
- Rooms are assigned on a first come, first served basis. We do not take reservations for them. You may sign up to use a room at the Reference Desk.
- Persons signing up to use the study room must be 13 years old or older. Study rooms may be used for a two-hour period, which may be extended if there is no demand.
- Normal reading room behavior is expected: no food or drink; no excess noise and disruption; no sitting on the tables and counters.
- We appreciate you leaving the study room clean and tidy.