The Rio Rancho Public Libraries offer test proctoring at no charge based on the availability of staff, facilities, and technology. This service is offered at the Loma Colorado Main Library.
The student arranges the proctoring sessions with the library's proctoring coordinator. A librarian at the information desk at the time of the exam will be the proctor. Proctors perform regular desk duties while the test is being administered and are not available to be physically present with the person while taking the exam.
Given staff availability, there is a need to schedule in advance. We ask for a one-week notice prior to the test being administered.
Additionally, the following guidelines apply:
- All books and materials should be put away unless allowed by the school.
- Any perceived violation of the posted rules for the exam will be reported to the educational institution.
- Exams not taken by the date on which they were to be completed will be returned to the school.
- Librarians cannot proctor tests that students bring in themselves.
- Librarians will not sign a proctoring verification that attests to more than the staff member has been able to do.
- Proctors will enforce any time limits that are placed on the exam, as well as any other rules set forth in the exam materials.
- Students will sit where the proctor indicates while taking the exam.
- Library computers are not within the proctor's line of vision. Seating areas are not necessarily within the proctor's line of vision.
- The library will not be responsible for any delayed tests nor for any completed tests once they leave the library’s possession and have been mailed back to the educational institution.
- The library will not be responsible for tests that are interrupted by library emergencies, power failures, or computer hardware or software failures.
- The student will be required to present a photo ID at the time of the exam.
- There is no guarantee of quiet.
- Use of a cell phone or visiting with others is prohibited during the exam. Students may not leave the testing site during the exam.
For more information, please contact:
Joseph McKenzie, Librarian
(505) 891-5013 x3034