Public Infrastructure Advisory Board
The Board has regular meetings on a quarterly basis.
2021 meetings will take place on January 19, April 27, July 20 and October 19 at 6 p.m. City Hall.
Rio Rancho City Hall, 3200 Civic Center Circle
District 1 - Stephen Felty
District 2 - Aaron Hundley
District 3 - Vacant
District 4 - Kimberly Aragon
District 5 - Vacant
District 6 - Adrienne Bachtel
At-Large - Sue Prelozni
Duties and Responsibilities
The Board’s duties and responsibilities shall consist of only the following:
(1) Provide input to the Governing Body regarding the City Manager’s proposed annual operating and capital improvement budget in relation to roads, drainage, and the water and wastewater utilities system.
(2) Provide input to the Governing Body regarding the City Manager’s five-year capital improvement program for roads, drainage, and the water and wastewater utilities system.
(3) Provide input to the Governing Body on proposals from the City Manager or Governing Body member(s) pertaining to rate and charge adjustments for water and wastewater utilities services.
(4) Provide input to the Governing Body regarding proposals from the City Manager related to road, drainage, and the water and wastewater utilities system that would be funded through bonds or loans.
(5) Report annually to the Governing Body in accordance with Section 33.05.
(6) Perform such other duties and functions as may be authorized by the Governing Body or provided by city ordinance consistent with the provisions of the City Charter.
(7) By majority vote, provide the Governing Body with a formal proposal for consideration related to improving or otherwise enhancing roads, drainage, and/or water and wastewater utilities. Before any city resources are used researching or developing such a proposal, the Board, by majority vote of its membership, must first formally seek and receive concurrence from the Governing Body.
(8) Meet as appropriate with the Planning and Zoning Board to coordinate land use and public infrastructure.
The Board shall consist of seven members. One member of the Board shall be appointed from each of the six City Council districts. One member shall be a resident of the City, appointed at-large.
The Mayor shall make appointments to the Board based upon qualifications, knowledge, and experience, subject to confirmation by a majority of the Governing Body.
The term of appointment for all Board members subsequent to initial appointments shall be three years.