Public Infrastructure Advisory Board
The Board has regular meetings on a quarterly basis.
2023 meetings will take place on January 17, April 25, July 18 and October 17 at 6 p.m. City Hall.
View city events calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
Rio Rancho City Hall, 3200 Civic Center Circle
District 1 - Armando Martinez Cantu
District 2 - Vacant
District 3 - Christian Cruz
District 4 - Kimberly Aragon
District 5 - Serena Pearson
District 6 - Vacant
At-Large - Sue Prelozni
Duties and Responsibilities
The Board’s duties and responsibilities to the Governing Body consist of the following:
(1) Provide input to the Governing Body regarding the City Manager’s proposed annual operating and capital improvement budget in relation to roads, drainage, and the water and wastewater utilities system.
(2) Provide input to the Governing Body regarding the City Manager’s five-year capital improvement program for roads, drainage, and the water and wastewater utilities system.
(3) Provide input to the Governing Body on proposals from the City Manager or Governing Body member(s) pertaining to rate and charge adjustments for water and wastewater utilities services.
(4) Provide input to the Governing Body regarding proposals from the City Manager related to road, drainage, and the water and wastewater utilities system that would be funded through bonds or loans.
(5) Report annually to the Governing Body in accordance with Section 33.05.
(6) Perform such other duties and functions as may be authorized by the Governing Body or provided by city ordinance consistent with the provisions of the City Charter.
(7) By majority vote, provide the Governing Body with a formal proposal for consideration related to improving or otherwise enhancing roads, drainage, and/or water and wastewater utilities. Before any city resources are used researching or developing such a proposal, the Board, by majority vote of its membership, must first formally seek and receive concurrence from the Governing Body.
(8) Meet as appropriate with the Planning and Zoning Board to coordinate land use and public infrastructure.
The Board shall consist of seven members. One member of the Board shall be appointed from each of the six City Council districts. One member shall be a resident of the City, appointed at-large.
The Mayor shall make appointments to the Board subject to City Council consent.
The term of appointment for all Board members subsequent to initial appointments shall be three years.