Rio Rancho Parks & Rec has a variety of outdoor fields to meet your sports and fitness needs. Whether you are looking for facilities for organized games, youth practices, or to conduct a fitness class, with over 40 fields, we have you covered!
- Field Reservation Contact: 505-896-8722
Rio Rancho parks fields are available to reserve for practices when not otherwise programmed or closed for turf maintenance. Below are practice conditions:
Practices are by reservation only. Please call the Parks and Rec office at 505-896-8722 to reserve a field and obtain a practice card.
Fields are open for reservations beginning in March through October. Fields can be reserved for Mondays thru Fridays between the hours of 7am thru 10pm.
Field Rental Fees:
- Organized Games: Saturdays and Sundays Only. All field reservations require a non-refundable $100 per field, per day deposit. Reservation fees must be paid in full at least 60 days prior to the reservation. Reservations are non-refundable, however, if a reservation is canceled by the Parks and Recreation Department a full refund will be granted.
- Practices: Mondays through Fridays. There is no charge to reserve practice space. Fields will not be lined. Goal sets or equipment will not be provided.
- Spring: March – May (accepting reservations January 1)
- Fall: August – October (accepting reservations starting June 1)
- City of Rio Rancho Parks and Recreation Department Leagues and Games
- All others, first-come, first-served until the maximum number of games per field is reached
A permit is needed for all organized activity within a City Park. Organized shall be defined as any of the following:
- Regularly scheduled or reoccurring
- Scheduled or promoted in advance
- Conducted or directed by an individual or organization
- Instructional or directional in nature
- 20 or more participants
- Park reservation applicants must be 18+ years old.
- Reservations must be made 7 days prior to your event date and can be made up to 2 months in advance.
- Keep your permit with you at your event; Staff may request it at any time
- If your reserved area is occupied, please call (505) 252-0070 for assistance.
- The following guidelines are designated to support field and court reservations. They are not intended to be all inclusive or cover every rule. Parks & Rec reserves the right to make adjustments to these guidelines at any time.
- Field use is ONLY valid for dates, times, and location listed on the permit.
- All coaches must have a valid printed or digital copy of permit/card on site during use.
- Permits are non-transferable. No brokering, sharing fields, or sub-leasing fields is allowed.
- Organizations must comply with field closure notices at all times (weather, maintenance, etc).
- Organizations are responsible for the conduct of all coaches and personnel.
- The City may restrict usage on some fields based on age of participants, number of teams, number of players.
- Rotate game and practices areas. Re-stripe game fields and relocate goal areas periodically to prevent wear.
- Equipment cannot be set up before the park opens and must be removed from the park at the end of each day.
- Pick up and dispose of any trash after each use.
- No vehicles are allowed on fields/turf/grass at any time.
- No portable or temporary lighting without written approval from Parks and Recreation.
- No posting signs or banners.
- The City reserves the right to make changes to these guidelines at any time.
- Failure to adhere to these guidelines or any other park rules will result in loss of allocation.